[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Sync-TC, latest results

From: 	FutureT-at-aol-dot-com[SMTP:FutureT-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent: 	Monday, November 03, 1997 8:37 AM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: Sync-TC, latest results

<< Yes, that was the TC. I had to close the gap right up to get it to
> fire with the horrendous air blast. The transformer could only do so
> much and charging is non-resonant. With the gap closed up to that
> extent, it fired fine with no air or a moderate breeze but the coil
> never broke out at all. The transformer is incapable of getting that
> cap beyond 8kVpk and that is also a conservative figure.

> Regards,
> Malcolm >>

Malcolm, all,

OK, I plan to go ahead and install a higher Q secondary onto
my TC and see what happens.  I figure I'll replace the 4 1/4" by 23",
#28 wire sec., with a 17" by 16" high, #20 wire sec., this should
give a much better Q, and a similar resonant frequency.  Both coils
are close wound with enamel wire.  I suppose
that even using my existing (6 1/2" by 26") toroid, I should see an
improvement.  Let me know if you see any flaw in my plan.
I'll let you know what happens.  Thanks for the info., and the info
in the other posts.

Regards,
John Freau