[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A (neon) Scrounging story.

From: 	Rodney Davies[SMTP:rgd872-at-anu.edu.au]
Sent: 	Monday, October 27, 1997 3:11 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: A (neon) Scrounging story.

Hi Phil and all,

On Sun, 26 Oct 1997, Tesla List wrote:

> [...]

Very True! We found a couple of 0.15uF Maxwell Caps, and finally got the
big coil running! Now I have to convert the rotary to synchronous and I'll
be very happy! :-)

> Now POLE PIGS - in Australia - Thats's a whole 'nother
> story.......

True... Well, Phil, perhaps talk directly to transformer manufacturers...
that's about the best I could suggest here...
Talking to power stations will probably yield next to nothing...dead ones
perhaps...

I spoke recently to a small xformer manufacturer mob in Brisi, they were
happy to build on for me, or sell off the shelf! Around $1500-$2500 for
10KVA jobs.

Well, hope this helps...

Catchya!
Rod