[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Spark type question

From: 	David Knaack[SMTP:dknaack-at-rdtech-dot-com]
Sent: 	Friday, November 07, 1997 11:15 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Spark type question

What happens as you push up into multi-MHz?  GHz?  How much power could
a GHz coil process?  It seems like it would have to be tiny.

A while back a few people did some micro coils, what was the smallest,
and what was its approx frequency?
I'm thinking about doing one of these mini-coils, since they are
relatively
inexpensive to set up.  Do the standard aspect ratios and turn counts
still apply?
How about spark gaps for such tiny coils, is there a better way, or do you
just have to use really small gaps?

Thanks for the info!
DK