[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Water As Dielectric

From: 	Sulaiman Abdullah[SMTP:sulabd-at-hotmail-dot-com]
Sent: 	Sunday, November 09, 1997 5:24 AM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: Water As Dielectric

Hello, I've no personal experience of using distilled water as a
 dielectric, and I'd be surprised if anyone else has ... if you can keep
the water pure it would be ok, but even tiny ammounts of
 contamination (any alkali, acid, salt etc.) would make the water a
 conductor. I think that your capacitor plates (Aluminium, Copper,
 whatever) would contaminate the water enough to destroy it's
 insulation properties. Personally I wouldn't bother trying - use oil.

bye ... Sulaiman

constant.