[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Pulsed tube TC work

From: 	FutureT-at-aol-dot-com[SMTP:FutureT-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent: 	Monday, November 10, 1997 3:34 AM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: Pulsed tube TC work

<<
> John:
> Can you give us some idea of the duty-cycles and PPS in your
> experiments? I am thinking of playing with a 4-1000A or maybe
> two.

> Also, does anyone have knowledge as to whether a tapered secondary
> would work? I have to believe that it would, but cant see any advantage
> except that I can lay my hands on a seriously long fiberglass form...
> approx 27', 8 inches tapered down to four.

> Any thoughts appreciated.

> Randy >>

Randy,

In the experiments which skip a selectable number of half cycles,
the TC runs for a full ac half cycle in all cases which is about 8
milliseconds.  During this half cycle of "on" time, the TC runs
continuously in normal tube coil fashion.  "Off" times vary from
about 25 milliseconds to as much as almost 0.5 second.

The 4-1000As should work great, two of these should give at
least 36" sparks.

John Freau