[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

FW: More help on caps

From:	Chris Fileccia [SMTP:ChaoticD-at-swbell-dot-net]
Sent:	Tuesday, November 11, 1997 12:01 AM
To:	tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com
Subject:	More help on caps

I have realised that I need to make my own caps for my first TC.
But, my delema is this. I know I can't make rolled caps. So I am left with
salt water or stacked. I have been thinking about using the bottle caps but
I would have to use a lot of them. Especialy at 43nF a six pack wow. Not
even close. One said to use .005 MF (5000 pF) and one said to use .03 mfd
and .02 mfd. Either way they are far apart from each other. Win Tesla says
the best cap to use is  0.0066uF.(That is another thing. I don't want to
sound stupid, but I know micro as a uF, is that the same thing as a mf.
I thought that was milli. Hmmmm.) Anyway I have read alot of material but I
am still confused. I like the siplistity of the bottle caps, but it seems
that they are inifecient. Plese corect me if I am wrong. I am tring to
learn as much as I can so I don't have any major disastors.

Also I have heard many discrepencies about the stacked caps. I am running
out of money, but I like to do things right.

"Firm beliver that education is the safest way"
But not nessesarly proper gramer or spelling:+}