[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: bought caps

From:	Malcolm Watts [SMTP:MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz]
Sent:	Tuesday, November 11, 1997 2:01 PM
To:	Tesla List
Subject:	Re: bought caps

Robert, all,
             About the mica caps.....

I have used them (foolishly perhaps) beyond their peak ratings in a
disruptive coil. In fact, on occasions they suffered 50% over the
peak rating although not at high rep rates. They are still going
strong. In the end, I set the safety gap to about 15% over peak.
Their robustness and discharge quality was impressive.

FWIW,
Malcolm