[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: More help on caps

From:	ghunter-at-mail.enterprise-dot-net [SMTP:ghunter-at-mail.enterprise-dot-net]
Sent:	Tuesday, November 11, 1997 4:59 PM
To:	Tesla List
Subject:	Re: More help on caps

> To:            "'Tesla List'" <tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>
> Subject:       Re: More help on caps

Chris,

You have some confusion going on here.  First of all, a sixpack of
wine cooler caps will yield about 4.3nF, 1/10th the value you quoted.
(You can guestimate about 700 - 900pF per bottle.)  Also, 4.3nF is
bigger than you think--it's equal to 4300pF or .0043uF.  This is a
useful size capacitor for small, neon-powered coils.  If you need
more capacitance, just use two or more "sixpacks" in parallel.
Likewise, you could go with bigger bottles.  A single 750ml wine
bottle might yield as much as 2000pf (or .002uF).  Hope you get your
coil working.  Hang in there.

Greg