[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tube Coil Wattage?

From:	richard hull [SMTP:rhull-at-richmond.infi-dot-net]
Sent:	Tuesday, November 11, 1997 8:39 PM
To:	Tesla List
Subject:	Re: Tube Coil Wattage?

At 04:52 PM 11/11/97 -0600, you wrote:

> [...]

Moving needle analog meters and even digital electronic meters are no good
for critical power measurements except when non-pulsed pure DC is measured.
A lot of Over unity wanna-bes do this terrible sort of work all the time.
With any Tesla system the power or energy input varies from millisecond to
millisecond along with the phase angle.  No RMS meter is accurate here
either as the waveforms are trash incarnate.  Only a digital storage scope
with math functions could figure it all out and then that would only be for
the period under mesurement.....Bottom line.......it is far more trouble
than it is really worth.

Richard Hull,  TCBOR