[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: secondary C

From:	Rscopper-at-aol-dot-com [SMTP:Rscopper-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent:	Wednesday, November 12, 1997 11:31 AM
To:	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:	Re: secondary C

On my WEB site you can find the program WinTesla for calculating many
parameters of coil construction.  http://members.aol-dot-com/rscopper/index.htm
There are links to many other sites, with many other programs and sources of
equations.  I don't think anyone responded because they thought everyone
would respond.

WinTesla calculates secondary self C(pf) by multiplying the secondary
diameter in inches by 2.54 and then multiplying by the Medhurst K value for
the H/D of the coil.

I used an approximation to the Medhurst table by calculating h/d=x then using
the formula -0.0007xxxx+0.0010xxx+0.0400xx-0.0720x+0.49=K

Scott