[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Unpotting transformer

From: 	Lorenzo De Toro III[SMTP:loren13-at-netside-dot-net]
Sent: 	Sunday, November 16, 1997 4:20 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Unpotting transformer

| On Wednesday, November 12, 1997 8:23 PM chestnic
| [SMTP:chestnic-at-cvn-dot-net] wrote;
|
| > I need the procedure on unpotting or cooking the transformers
|
| The following is a part of one of Richard Quicks messages on
| the USA-tesla list several years ago. (it's a shame the USA-Tesla
| list went the way of the fringers and free energy freaks).
|
| Remove all hardware, and insulators if possible. Take a hammer.........
|                                Sincerely
|
|                            Alfred A. Skrocki

Alfred, much has been said on this list as of late on this procedure; my
question is just what is the advantage of unpotting a transformer which is
in good working shape? (I know that in many cases it can revive dead units)

I'm currently working on my first real coil - I will be using 9K 30mA neon
transformer unit and am wondering if it is worth the effort to 'unpot'.

Thanks,
Lorenzo