[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Best Secondary Surface coating

From: 	Jeff W. Parisse[SMTP:jparisse-at-ddlabs-dot-com]
Sent: 	Monday, November 17, 1997 10:13 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Best Secondary Surface coating

Viv,

I use Spray-On brand "Red 601" insulating varnish. It's rated at
2100 volts per mil, goes on thinly to reach between windings,
dries very quickly and is very tough when dry.

This varnish is available through EIS in bulk quantities (I had to
3 CASES to satisfy the minimum purchase requirement). The closest
office to you is in New York 315-457-1350.

I've used MANY different coil coatings in my years of coil construction,
electrical insulating varnish is by far the best stuff to use (IMHO).

Ask around at electric motor repair shops about getting a can or two
of this stuff. Maybe others on the list can offer suggestions as to where
you might find small quantities.

Jeff W. Parisse, Art Director
Digital Design Laboratories
www.ddlabs-dot-com