[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Cap confusion

From: 	Edward V. Phillips[SMTP:ed-at-alumni.caltech.edu]
Sent: 	Monday, November 17, 1997 1:56 PM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: Cap confusion

"I was trying to smash a 3D field into
a 2D field, could never work.  I eventually played around with it (using
some rather old techniques I found in a text dated 1929 by Smythe, the
text is really worn out, I don't know what the title is/was...) until
I thought I had finally accounted enough for the difference in field
symmetries/geometries."
	Smythe is entitled "Static and Dynamic Electricity" as I
recall.  His stuff (problems as I recall) is pretty heavy, getting
into Legender functions etc.
	Seems to me all of the capacitances you list, by any
method, are "close enough for government work"!
Ed