[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: "Ballast"

From: 	Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com[SMTP:Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent: 	Tuesday, November 18, 1997 11:45 AM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: "Ballast"

<<
 Are ballasts usually required on higher powered coils that use pole pigs
 or do you need them
 for neon driven coils, too?  I am primarily interested in neon driven
 coils so if a ballast is needed(and I did not have any with my first
 coil of many years ago) how do you determine the rating?  If you go
 inductive do you build them yourself?

 Thanks

 >Russ Thornton

Russ,

Both neon sign transformers and oil burner ignition transformers are
internally current limited and require no external ballasting.

Ed Sonderman