[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Grid Dip Oscillator

From: 	Edward V. Phillips[SMTP:ed-at-alumni.caltech.edu]
Sent: 	Monday, November 24, 1997 2:17 PM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re:  Grid Dip Oscillator

"Not really. You have to get too close to the secondary coil to use
the thing and that seriously affects frequency.

Malcolm"

	Wrong!  You can couple inductively to the "bottom" (grounded)
end of the coil without affecting its resonant frequecy at all,
as far as I can tell.  If I had the ambition (I don't) I'd
draw up the schematic and coil dope for my LF dipper.  Measurements
Corporation used to sell one called the "Megacycle Meter" if my
memory serves me right.  They sold extra coils which would let it
tune down to around 100 kHz.

Ed