[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: *Tesla list survey form is ready*

From: 	Adam[SMTP:absmith-at-tiac-dot-net]
Sent: 	Tuesday, November 25, 1997 11:38 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: *Tesla list survey form is ready*

>Adam,
>
>Nice, well thought out form!

Thanks, Bert!

>Any ideas on how are you might present a summary or different "views"
>of the data you capture?

Well, I am going to start by putting all of the collected data the web,
scheduled for Jan 1, 98.  As I see it, the entries will be listed in
order of nominal power (kVA), and subdivided into four power level
classifications (under 1kVA, 1-2.5kVA, 2.5kVA-10kVA, 10kVA+) for easier
viewing.  The left side of each table will have three narrow columns to
indicate these three things:

1. If the data is from my TC survey, my quick survey, or a previous
survey/list post.  This is for purposes of giving a rough idea of how
much info is available for each system at a glance.
2. The power supply type w/icons for neon/OBIT, pole pig and other.
3. System nominal kVA (taken from the 'general info' section of my
survey) For older survey results, I may just multiply xfrmr sec. volts
and amps, or use whatever other data is available to get an approx. kVA
rating.

Then, to the right of each row of icons will be the name of the project,
and its creator.  The project name will link to a table of the system
parameters, much like my survey form, and the creators' names will be
clickable email links.

Thus, all of the information from this survey and past surveys will be
available to all list members for analysis.  Beyond this, I am not sure
what else I might do with the data.

-Adam

Adam Smith
absmith-at-tiac-dot-net