[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: wiring 2 neons?

From: 	Raymond C. Howes[SMTP:rchowes-at-email.msn-dot-com]
Sent: 	Wednesday, November 26, 1997 4:05 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	wiring 2 neons?

Hi all,
now that I have built my first coil I'm looking to add more power ar,ar.
I have made a bigger salt water cap and now looking to hook up my spare
15kv 30ma trans. I read on gweaver webb page on wiring them in parrallel
that leaving
a1/4 air gap between the hv leads on both sides of the trans. that it
SHOULD'NT spark
across the gap,if it does, to wire the 120 leads in reverse on 1 trans,

I have tried many wiring variations and the best I can get is for 1 hv side
to spark
Wiring both the 120ac the same on both trans, results in a spark on both hv
leads.
Wiring either one the opposite results in only 1 side to spark. Both ground
leads
from the trans are connected to the ground on the powersupply.

Running 2-15kv-at-30ma with the 120ac wired the same on the trans. results in
no spark on the coil. Running 2-15kv-at-30ma with the 120ac wired in reverse
gets a huge spark
out of the coil. Does this mean they're wired right?What about the being
phased properly? I only ran it for a second and figured the best thing for
me to do is write a letter and find out from the pro's.
     If all else fails I will stay with 1 transformer. They both are
15kv-at-30ma heavy duty outdoor type but are from 2 different manufacturers.
 You all have helped me tremendously with my first coil and I really
appreciate it ,
Fr.Tom,Terry,Adam,Bert.P&Bert.H  Thanks for the help and have a great
Thanksgiving
                                                    Ray   rchowes-at-msn-dot-com