[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: theory(?) for long sparks

From: 	D.C. Cox[SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent: 	Friday, November 28, 1997 1:05 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: theory(?) for long sparks

to: Julian

You are correct -- it is a common unit used for both subatomic particles
but also for high potential generators.  Most large electrostatic
generators such as Van de Graaff generators operating up to 35 million
volts commonly use the 35 MEV rating.  It actually refers to the ability to
accelerate particles down an evacuated accelerator tube.  We prefer to use
this unit because we had initial calibrations of some of our resonance
transformers at 1 MEV using X-ray generation to determine output potential.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net