[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Florescent Foolishness

From: 	Benson_Barry%PAX5-at-mr.nawcad.navy.mil[SMTP:Benson_Barry%PAX5-at-mr.nawcad.navy.mil]
Sent: 	Sunday, November 30, 1997 4:33 AM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: Florescent Foolishness

Hi Ted, All,
     Mercury was used by Tesla for spark gaps with no apparent ill effects.
 In the past mercury was prescribed as an intestinal blockage remover
wherein up to several pounds of it at a time were drunk by the patient.
 Very few people sensitive to the liquid form of mercury.  The vapor from
heated mercury on the other hand is very reactive chemically.  That is a
good reason why it is not used in open air spark gaps any more.  I have
worked with it for many years without any ill effects.  Working with it in
an air tight container is safer practice.

                    Barry

 ----------
From: "tesla"-at-pupman-dot-com-at-PMDF-at-PAXMB1
To: Benson Barry; "tesla"-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com-at-PMDF-at-PAXMB1
Subject: Re: Florescent Foolishness
Date: Sunday, November 30, 1997 4:50AM

<<File Attachment: 00000000.TXT>>

From:     Ted[SMTP:tedric-at-generation-dot-net]
Sent:     Saturday, November 29, 1997 7:14 PM
To:  Tesla List

Jim,

Mercury is too dangerous to play around with, I remember my high school
teacher used to tell us that by break a mercury thermometer, there is enough
mercury to overdose all the people in a stadium. Actually I now regret
playing with mercury when I was young.

If metal parts are the problem, trying using those that are torroid or
U-shaped.

Hope this help.

Ted