[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Sonderman Makes Sparks

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 15:06:10 -0400 (EDT)
From: FutureT-at-aol-dot-com
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Sonderman Makes Sparks

<< snip>
> Now I can't believe how lucky I was when I originally built this system.
>  With a lot of help from Richard Quick and a lucky selection of components
> and layout, I once got 80" sparks.  I wonder if it will happen again.

> Comments welcome, please.

> Thanks, Ed Sonderman

Ed,

Regarding the popping in the rotary:  Are the electrodes somewhat
wide such as 1/2" or more?  I wonder if the gaps could  be re-firing
while they are still aligned after quenching?  This would be more
likely to occur if your cap is a relatively small value, and if the gap
is running at a low rpm.  Just a thought.  I forget the specs on your
system.

John Freau