[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Magnifier vs Classical TC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 1997 16:08:14 -0500
From: "DR.RESONANCE" <DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Magnifier vs Classical TC

Hi John:

I would suspect because a magnifier allows tighter coupling which allows
for more energy to be coupled into the secondary inductor without frequency
splitting -- a real nuisance in a classic circuit.  More available energy
in the resonant circuit (transmitted to the sec circuit not gained) should
provide for a greater transmission distance.  David Sloan's papers cover
this effect very well.  He achieved a 100 kw output with 150 kw input in an
18 turn secondary inductor -- water cooled copper tubing in a tank with
capacitive coupling to the tank wall.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net