[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Why a toroid?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 19:30:49 +0000
From: "John H. Couture" <couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Why a toroid?

At 03:56 AM 10/13/97 +0000, you wrote:

> [...]

  Malcolm -

  Could it be that the primary capacitor is being charged to a higher
voltage as I have mentioned in the past.  Of course, it cannot be charged to
a voltage greater than the source voltage. You may have found the secret to
those rare long sparks.

  Note that a controlled spark measurement avoids these problems. However,
the method cannot be used with one shot TC systems unless you have a method
of measuring the watts input time per spark.

  I am always interested in hearing about your research because you are
doing some interesting work.

  John Couture