[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Non-Linear Coil Winding Experiment. (and more tests!)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 19:13:34 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Edward V. Phillips" <ed-at-alumni.caltech.edu>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Non-Linear Coil Winding Experiment. (and more tests!)

" The coils were driven from a sine wave
generator with a 600 ohm output Z.  I also ran the coils with a 50 ohm
square wave generator that can drive much harder but the results were the
same.  All the equipment is less than five years old and seems to work
flawlessly."
Terry:
	If I didn't miss a decimal point, the last two coils would
have a reactance of the order of 25000 ohms.  If the Q were only
200, the effective series resonant resistance would be only 145
ohms.  With your 600 ohm generator resistance any peak would be
very broad.  It would be worth repeating your measurement, looking
for the dip in generator output voltage at series resonance.
Ed