[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Magnetic quenched gaps

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 09:13:18 +0500
From: "Alfred A. Skrocki" <alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Magnetic quenched gaps

On Sun, 19 Oct 1997 13:58:37 -0400 (EDT)
<DamDeName-at-aol-dot-com> wrote;

> Hi Alfred,
>       Geezzz -   sorry for the time-lag i just read u'r response.

Hay, don't feel bad! I've been in and out of the hospital oer the last
month so I've been late on my mail too.

>      I don't think  we're  talking about the same thing----tho
> you describe the geometry of the coil accurately , he process
> has nothing to do with opposing / cancelling magnetic fields .
> (how would that work anyway ? )

Perhaps there is some misinterpretation. I was speaking of Dr. Tesla's
inductionless wirewound resistors wherein you take a length of wire and
fold it in half then wind it on a form such that the two leads stick out.
The wire being folded against itself cancels it's own magnetic field and
thus it posseses no inductance.

>     The theory of the "induction-less" coil for electro-magnets ---
>     It is not induction-less per se --- rather, it has a built in
> power factor correction capacitor by virtue of the way the coil is wound ,
> which is to say, the higher voltage differential between adjacent
> turns creates a capacitance (distributed if you will) sufficient to
> create a series resonant circuit --- thereby creating an "induction-less"
> inductor ----
>       That was the essence of the idea --- clearly, a magnetic-less
> field coil wouldn't do much in the way of gausses :>)

Sounds to me like a misnomer, it is not really an "induction-less" coil but
a power factor compenstion; waste due to power factor losses have been
reduced by making it resonate with the applied A.C by virtue of the
distributed capacitance.

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   Alfred.Skrocki-at-CyberNetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/