[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

newbie questions

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 20:07:31 -0400
From: Alan Sharp <100624.504-at-compuserve-dot-com>
To: "INTERNET:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: newbie questions

Mike wrote:

>Does anyone know the UK BSI numbering for plastic pipe - I have >some
>BS4660 (light brown) and some BS4514 (grey, almost certainly PVC),
>both 4" - anyone know the difference ? The brown stuff would probably
look nicer!

>Are there any active coilers in the UK in the London or surrounding
>counties ? I'd love to see a good coil in action!
Thanks in advance,
>Mike.

The pipe will be fine - you really only have to worry
about the material if you are trying to squeeze out
the last inch of spark. I'm using black pvc 4" pipe
and getting on fine with it. Though some say not to
use black as the colouring agent may be carbon -
conductive.

I've got a small coil giving 2 feet of spark and
a solid state coil giving 1 foot if you are ever
near Corby (Northamptonshire).

Sorry - I haven't figured out the oil yet.

Have fun,

Alan Sharp.