[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Pole pigs in the USA

From: 	Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com[SMTP:Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent: 	Friday, October 24, 1997 6:50 AM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: Pole pigs in the USA

<< From: 	Dale F. Pfaffle[SMTP:pfaffle-at-tele-net-dot-net]
 Sent: 	Wednesday, October 22, 1997 6:08 PM
 To: 	Tesla List
 Subject: 	Pole pigs in the USA

 Greetings from Nevada:
 I talked with my local power company person about obtaining a pole pig
 today.
 Not sure if the look was funny or scary.  He is going to check to see if he
 can sell me one, or maybe to see if I should be committed.
 Question, do you pig users get yours from the local power company, you know
 and love, or do you get them from the manufacture, or none of the above?
 Also, can you give me a clue as to the cost for a 5 kva and a 10 kva unit.
 (240v to 14+kv)
 Thanks.

 Dale in Nevada.

Dale,

I did purchase my pole pig (5kva 14,400 volt) from the local utility company.
 Talk to the person responsible for selling all their scrap - and they have
lots of it - wire, transformers, etc.  I think it was called the investment
recovery department.  I got a real good deal and only paid $100.00 I think
the normal price is about $200.00.

Ed Sonderman