[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Sparks On Secondary

From: 	Thomas McGahee[SMTP:tom_mcgahee-at-sigmais-dot-com]
Sent: 	Saturday, October 25, 1997 12:49 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Cc: 	meyer-at-webfront-dot-net.au
Subject: 	Re: Sparks On Secondary

Andrew,
You are either out of tune or overcoupled.

While tuning, run at reduced input power levels if you have a variac. Only push
power all the way once the system is tuned properly.

To reduce coupling, try raising the secondary a few inches. If that works, then
experiment to find the proper height for your unit.

Hope this helps.
Fr. Tom McGahee