[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: console gounding question

From: 	Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com[SMTP:Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent: 	Monday, October 27, 1997 7:23 AM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: console gounding question

<<
 To all you guys with the "power beasts"

 Do you run a separate wire to RF ground from the metal
 control console or do you rely on ac ground only at this point?

 thanks
 Jim M

Jim,

On my small three inch coil, I use the RF ground for the secondary, the
safety gap center terminal and the neon transformers case ground.  All other
items are connected to line ground.

On my six inch coil, I use the RF ground for the secondary and the safety gap
center terminal.  All other grounds go to a separate ground rod system.

Ed Sonderman