[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: console gounding question

From: 	randy-at-gte-dot-net[SMTP:randy-at-gte-dot-net]
Sent: 	Wednesday, October 29, 1997 11:16 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: console gounding question

Tesla List wrote:

> [...]

This may or may not be relevant to TC applications, but I have read
that as far as lightning is concerned, unless all of your Earth
grounds are wired to each other, the relatively slow velocity factor
of the soil can still allow huge differences in potential between
two "grounded" points.
The Polyphaser Corp sells assorted commercial (especially transmitter
related) lightning protection stuff, including "chemical grounds" which
I suppose are chemicals more suited for grounding than regular salt.
They have a very informative book available; "The 'Grounds' for Lightning
& EMP Protection" Their phone number as listed in my 1987 version is
702-782-2511. Addy is 1425 Industrial Way, Gardnerville Nevada
89410-1237.
Alot of interesting theory, and not alot of peddling of their products,
IMO
Randy