[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

7.5 HP MOTOR

From: 	Kevin M. Conkey[SMTP:teslacoil-at-mindspring-dot-com]
Sent: 	Thursday, October 30, 1997 9:35 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	7.5 HP MOTOR

I have have accuired 2- 7.5 hp ac motors, 220V or 440V, 3 phase,
explosion proof, 13" dia, 20" long, plus the shaft 5" long x 1.5" dia,
358 lbs. These are brand new and were owned by the navy for deep
submergence research and rescue. They are still in their original
packing crates. These things are brutes! They are much much bigger than
my 5hp compressor motor in the garage. They must be extremely
conservatively rated. It does state that the locked rotor amps to be 44.

I am wondering if they would be of use for someone's huge rotary gap or
something. Email me in private if you are interested.

--
Kevin M. Conkey