[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Corum's Resonator Theory

From: 	Malcolm Watts[SMTP:MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz]
Sent: 	Friday, October 31, 1997 1:02 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Corum's Resonator Theory

Hello All,
               I must say I think this is a most interesting
argument...

Excellent point. Well I did point out to them quite strenuously the
point about the toroid being a shorted turn and its lack of effect on
the secondary (let alone the primary). As I say, the uneven k
argument was dissmissed with a hand-wave. That really got me
wondering. In the same breath I do have to note that turning a spiral
on its side can be demonstrated to up the Q (gap aside) quite
significantly if it has been mounted close to the ground. However, it
can't be all bad to begin with or nothing would work and the primary
losses would be absolutely terrible.
     Also, I didn't say so in that post but there is also the
suggestion from C&C that the two frequencies present in the system
coalesce into Fr when the primary lets go of the resonator. I don't
buy that either. While one sees two frequencies in the frequency
domain, one quite clearly sees the time varying voltage waxing and
waning at Fr as pri-sec transfers proceed. Personally I am quite
happy with what the scope shows happening in the time domain as
regards secondary frequency and amplitude. Absence of evidence of
coherence to me suggests the secondary already is coherent as Bert
has suggested.

Thanks for the thoughts. Any more or anyone else, please post. I am
not out to put C&C down. I just want to understand this thing.

Regards,
Malcolm