[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: primary, secondary spacing

From: 	Kevin[SMTP:wawa-at-spectra-dot-net]
Reply To: 	wawa-at-spectra-dot-net
Sent: 	Saturday, September 06, 1997 1:03 PM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	primary, secondary spacing

I am going to make a new primary winding.  One thing I'm not to clear on
is the aomunt of space between the secondary and the first turn of the
primary.  My secondary is 4" diam. and I currently have 1" between it
and the primary.  Is this sufficient?

Another thing I noticed is that people say they have their secondaries
1.5" above their first primary winding.  When I raise my secondary that
high the coil doesn't function.  I think that I am getting the best
results when the secondary winding is actually below that of the
primary.

Kevin