[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Isotropic secondary capacitance

From: 	bmack[SMTP:bmack-at-frontiernet-dot-net]
Sent: 	Saturday, September 06, 1997 10:07 PM
To: 	tesla list
Subject: 	Isotropic secondary capacitance

Fr Tom,

A very astute observation on the nature of distibuted
capacitance animal!  That surface area capacitance could
calculated(?) using the "free air capacitance" equation for
the coil area and the standard  "plate equation" with curvature
of the wire considered, to find the inter winding capacitance.
Am I on track here?

Now, are these two entities in parallel or series with respect to
each other? Maybe a little of both? Ouch!

When I run very low power tests to tweek the systems, placing ones
hand near the coil body has as much effect on the resonance as getting
near the top cap. This in my opinion clear evidence of isotropic activity.

With a little help from our friends, there might even be a way to reliably
predict the distributed capacitance mathematically!

Jim M