[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: mathematics

From: 	John H. Couture[SMTP:couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net]
Sent: 	Sunday, September 07, 1997 8:20 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: mathematics

  To All -

  Most of the books written after the 1930's have to do with high voltage
low frequency power systems because these systems were growing in size.
Direct application of this information is not only very theoretical but
difficult to apply to Tesla coils. However, there are other ways to approach
the problem.

  It should be noted that if you have a spreedsheet/ graph program like
Borland's Quattro Pro you can solve and plot second order differential
equations (and much more) easily using these programs. No calcs are required
because the program does everything. The plots of the various curves are
interesting to study. However, you will have to review engineering math to
do the necessary spreadsheet setups. Another good program I use is
Borland's Eureka equation solver. I have no connections to Borland.

  This is not a Tesla coil subject so I will stop here.

  John Couture