[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A Puzzle

From: 	Greg Leyh[SMTP:lod-at-pacbell-dot-net]
Sent: 	Monday, September 08, 1997 5:17 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: A Puzzle

Tesla List wrote:

> > > Theory or not withstanding, it has come to within 2% of actual measured
> > > value and that works well enough for our purposes.  For exacting research
> > > work, I agree, it is not accurate enough.
> > > - DR.RESONANCE
> >
> > 2%, and not 0.000...% ???  You guys are privy to some experimental data
> > that I must have missed.  Can either of you explain?
> > -GL
> >
> The 2% I listed means within 2% of the measured value, ie, theory is close
> to measured value.  Sorry for the lack of description in the initial post.
> - DR.RESONANCE

I understood what you meant by a 2% measurement error.  However, I was more
interested in how and when the experiment was performed that produced this data.

Normally, I would have expected ES and EM coulombs to be equivalent, in the
same way that a pound of water and a pound of ice are the same thing.
This is because the 'coulomb' is simply a definition, a fixed number of charges,
and does not need to be measured precisely in order to be defined.

-GL