[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE- Re: what's a tesla coil good for

From: 	Robert Michaels[SMTP:robert.michaels-at-online.sme-dot-org]
Sent: 	Thursday, August 14, 1997 3:41 AM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	RE- Re: what's a tesla coil good for

 [ ... ]

        Hey -- I'm from De-troit.  We know about painting stuff and
        making it stick.  Electrostatic painting requires dc:
        The object to be painted is given a charge of one
        polarity and the paint particles the opposite polarity.
        Opposites attract.  So the paint is attracted to the
        object -- Duh!

                                - - - - - - - -

        On the general topic of the usefulness of Dr. Tesla's
        discoveries ...  I'm reminded of a quote attributed to
        Thomas Edison:  When showing a society lady around his
        lab (in pursuit a grant), Edison was asked of his
        discoveries "But Mr. Edison, of what possible  =use=  is
        that...?"

        Edison replied, "Madam, of what possible  =use=  is a new-
        born baby?".

                                           We stick with it, in
                                           --- Detroit, USA

                                           Robert Michaels

P.S. :-

TL>designs to prove them out.  Personally...I once found a dead mosquito on the
TL>top of my coil after a run.  Now thats about the best reason to have one
TL>around...to kill mosquitos!!!  Think about how many movies use tesla coils

        Oh?  And was it the high voltage (electrocution) or the ozone
        (chemical toxicity)?   I think a little more research is
        required here.

TL>and such..wouldn't it be nice to have a couple of hundred thousand
TL>bucks to build a really big coil  [ ... ]

TL>Scott

        Apparently several on This List have had.  And did.  If you
        can believe the tales that are told.  (Start showing your
        work to some society ladies ... )