[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Potential Transformer

From: 	Scott Myers[SMTP:scotty-at-wesnet-dot-com]
Reply To: 	scotty-at-wesnet-dot-com
Sent: 	Monday, September 15, 1997 9:28 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Potential Transformer

Tesla List wrote:

> [...]

This transformer should work out fine for coiling, howver, because it is
only rated for .4 KVA (400 VA) , it is going to require enough ballast
to keep ot from going too much over this rating, else you will burn it
up for sure.  Just try to stay within its operating voltage rating
running it in reversse and you should be ok.  Also keep in mind that
thse transformers are not as "blow proof" as a pole type.

Safety considerations????  We are talking about coiling.  MUCH safety
consideration should be used, as that transformer can kill.  I would
suggest using standard industrial lockout procedures with a fused
disconnect.  And even then, be EXTREMELY careful.

Scotty