[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Magnetic quenched gaps

From: 	richard hull[SMTP:rhull-at-richmond.infi-dot-net]
Sent: 	Tuesday, September 16, 1997 6:01 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Magnetic quenched gaps

At 07:06 PM 9/16/97 -0500, you wrote:

> [...]

You need lotsa' gauss in a largish air gap for proper quench and thus this
method is best used on smaller systems as a concept demonstration.  The
newer Ne:Fe:B magnets are far too heat sensitive to use near hot gap
structures as they reach their curie point at very low temperature levels.
Ferrite is a bit too weak and alnico a bit too expensive for assembling a
really large and effective magnetic quench gaps system for a giant system.

Richard Hull, TCBOR

Richard Hull, TCBOR