[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: HV at very LOW freq. Tesla Coil

From: 	Greg Leyh[SMTP:lod-at-pacbell-dot-net]
Sent: 	Thursday, September 18, 1997 5:49 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: HV at very LOW freq. Tesla Coil

Jim Fosse wrote:

> Jean-Marc,
>         check out Chip's web site for GL's monster coil. He plans to
> power it with ~480,000 watts! It's resonant freq is in the high 10s of
> kilohertz range. He's not even close to 10Hz yet.
>
>         jim
>
> http://www.pupman-dot-com/current/gleyh/gl3/glmap.html

Whoa!  You're just a bit optimistic :^)

Here are some preliminary operating specs for the new coil:

Input power -   130kVA  (380V, 200A, 3-phase)
Resonant freq - 38kHz

I have tech brief on a German coil (circa 1964) that ran at 20.3 kHz, and
if I understand correctly it operated at 200kVA, using a single static
spark gap with an air blast across it!!!

-GL