[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla not Marconi

From: 	Barton B. Anderson[SMTP:mopar-at-mn.uswest-dot-net]
Sent: 	Thursday, September 18, 1997 10:37 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Cc: 	'Tesla List'
Subject: 	Re: Tesla not Marconi

Hello Geoff and all,
I'm new on the list and have been keeping up with this topic. I'm glad to see
mention of case #369. I myself found reference to Tesla being the "True Father
of Radio" on the web. I personally have a hard time taking others statements as
fact. So, a few months ago I went to the patent office and came across case
#369. After reading, I learned that Tesla in fact IS The Father of Radio. But
in the reading, it is very clear that others among Tesla had their hand in the
mix and should be credited for their inventions "correctly" as well.

No, Marconi did not invent wireless broadcasting but must be given credit for
being smart enough to gather working knowledge from the great inventors of the
time and employing (his assembly of) the hertzian tuned circuit that did work
very well. I am a Nikola Tesla fanatic, however in my mind, Marconi should not
be looked down on for his "assembly". What we should be perturbed about is
that our history books have yet to credit these inventions appropriately even
after the truth has been told "and ruled". I'm not saying anyone is trashing
Marconi, but I want others to know the true problem is lack of accurate
history.

The big question I have is "WHAT CAN WE DO TO CHANGE THE HISTORY BOOKS SINCE WE
ARE THOSE SELECT FEW WHO KNOW TRUTH?"
Barton B. Anderson     Bart's High Voltage Lab