[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Cuk SMPS Course

From: 	Thornton, Russ #CSR2000[SMTP:ThorntoR-at-rc.pafb.af.mil]
Sent: 	Friday, September 19, 1997 7:44 AM
To: 	'Tesla discussion Group'
Subject: 	RE: Flybacks

Yes, Greg, it is.  I seem to remember when he says his name it is
somewhere between "chuck" and "chook". Slight clarification there.  Yes
it was very interesting but it was definitely a 13 week course crammed
into 5 days.  You get pretty saturated by day 3.  He did a neat thing
with his invention.  He determined that there are a finite number of
topologies that exist for SMPS systems, of which only a few are viable.
He then developed a software program to simulate each one and test for
viability.  When one is found he files a patent.  Seemed like it was a
long drawn-out process for the simulation but that was his plan to
corner the market.  Very interesting guy.

This will be my last post about this subject as it is not related to
Tesla technology unless the powers to be deem it differently.  Any
further discussion or information about the seminars can be done
privately.