[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Increasing Capacitance...

From: 	Alfred A. Skrocki[SMTP:alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com]
Sent: 	Friday, September 19, 1997 1:59 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Increasing Capacitance...

On Friday, September 19, 1997 2:43 PM Thomas McGahee
[SMTP:tom_mcgahee-at-sigmais-dot-com] wrote;

> ...Alfred Skrocki mentioned that he also used Sunison oil successfully.
> But he didn't mention whether he noted the increase in capacity over
> using regular mineral oil or transformer oil.

Sorry about that! Yes, the Sunison oil yielded about double the
capacitance of the same capacitor using mineral oil! I had even
better results once when I tried Pyrin oil, but that stuff is really
nasty! I accidently got a little on my hands and forgot and rubbed my
eyes, GOD did it burn - I thought I was going to go blind. The
emergency room informed me that Pyrin oil was notorious for causing
permanent eye damage so I don't play with it any more.

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   Alfred.Skrocki-at-CyberNetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/