[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Sync Motors

From: 	Kevin Radtke[SMTP:umradtke-at-cc.UManitoba.CA]
Sent: 	Wednesday, September 24, 1997 9:51 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Sync Motors

Hello,
	Is it possible to explain over e-mail how one could modify an AC
motor to make it run sync.  I'm still a little confused about the flats
on the armature etc.  Do you need special machining equip.?  What type of
motor is easiest to modify?  Any help greatly appreciated thanks.

Radtke

p.s.  The other day my friend and I decided to wrap a basketball with
foil and see how it would affect our coils output if we used it as a
secondary terminal.  We were getting 14-15" discharges from the bolt
terminal, but the sphere reduced that to about 2"  :(  We of course
played around with re-tuning the coil but not much improvement was realized.
Do you need to adjust the main cap. size when adding load to the
secondary with spheres and torroids?