[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Oil filled Secondary Coil

From: 	FutureT-at-aol-dot-com[SMTP:FutureT-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent: 	Wednesday, September 24, 1997 2:37 PM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: Oil filled Secondary Coil

<<
> If a secondary coils is placed in high voltage oil to stop secondary coil
> arcs and sparks.  Could the power of the TC then be expected to increase
> beyond its limit?

Gary,

You might be able to put more power into the coil using oil, but at
some point the spark will jump directly from the primary to the toroid.

> My goal here is to find out if a TC output can be increased by changing
> coupling between the primary and secondary coil without over coupling the
> system at the point where it overcoupled before and without increasing the
> power.

Increasing coupling without improving the quenching will not give any
benefit most likely.  And it's hard to quench well at tight couplings,
even my series quenching rotaries cannot do the job adequately.

> My ideas is to put a 4" secondary coil inside of a 6" PVC pipe.  Put end
> caps on both ends of the 6" pipe.  The secondary coil wire can be attached
> to a screw terminal on each end cap.

How's the sync-gap project coming along?

John Freau