[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

nail bighting.

From: 	randy-at-gte-dot-net[SMTP:randy-at-gte-dot-net]
Sent: 	Wednesday, September 24, 1997 11:53 PM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	nail bighting.

I sent a test message to a respected member of the list,
to make sure the first person that read it didn't die of
laughter. I am in an ampartment and cannot coil due to smoke
detectors... and neighbor's computers,
etc///
not that "I" have or would "ever" smoke anything...
<cough, cough>
So here is the stupid question:
Coaxial cable has predictable capacitance.
Rigid cable  is readily available for cheap or
nothing, from cable tv companies upgrading, at
least in US. Drum rollll puhleeez...
can this capacitance be utilized whilst using
the solid shield as a primary coil, and whether or
not that is entirely true, can the additional length of coax that
is required for the capacitance, be routed within or without the
secondary, and, without insulation, form the torus?
What is the proper term, toroid or torus?
I have read of, in antenna work, RLC devices, or LC devices
which could "decouple" one part of an HF circuit from another
from another, as in an multi band antenna....not just as in one would
find in a multi band array, which passively isolates each band element,
but, crap, I cant think of the word. Resonance Breaker is as close as
I can come, that may well be it.