[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Short inside secondary?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 20:11:14 -0400 (EDT)
From: Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Short inside secondary?

I received this post today from Dan.  See below.  Has anyone else experienced
this problem?  How would I go about checking this.  Both end caps are well
glued on to the secondary form.

Ed Sonderman

Hi Ed,

I posted several times over the last year that your problem may be internal
arcing *inside* your secondary. I know that yours is hermetically sealed
and all, but it happened to me, and my symptoms were exactly the same as
yours. No outward visible burns, but the inside of the coil was trashed.
You know how interturn arcing can take place on the outside of the coil?
Well this was happening inside the coil, *through* the form, with no
external indicator whatsoever.

A couple weeks ago, I told Chip that I thought he must have a "check the
inside of your secondary" filter on all of the mail referencing Ed
Sonderman. I tried posting again, and it *still* didn't go through. Not
*one* of those posts ever made it to the list. So now I'm writing direct,
as Chip suggested. :)

I really hope it's *not* your secondary, and that it's something more simple.

Dan