[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

High voltage wire

----------
From:  Gregory R. Hunter [SMTP:ghunter-at-mail.enterprise-dot-net]
Sent:  Saturday, April 04, 1998 6:32 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: High voltage wire

Dear Gents,

Want cheap HV wire?  Get some surplus RG-8 or RG-213 coax.  Strip
off the outer vinyl jacket & copper braid (this is easy with a razor or a
box cutter).  The inner 13-gauge stranded copper conductor is covered with
a thick sheath of clear polyethylene--great for HV work.  This wire
is a bit stiff, however.

Greg