[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

----------
From:  Malcolm Watts [SMTP:MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz]
Sent:  Sunday, April 05, 1998 6:32 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: RE>Inductance len<.8r bound

Hi Dale,

<snip>

Start with a length of wire of known diameter. Start with a former
that has h/d = 25 and d = 1"  (for example). Now calculate turns and
hence inductance and save this value. Next, reduce height and increase
d. Recalculate. Compare this value with the previous one. Somewhere
along the way you will hit a maximum for L. At this point, coil shape
for Lmax is known. It really does work. Basically I am getting the
computer to do a piecewise differentiation.

Malcolm