[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Coil Form Sealing?

----------
From:  Basura, Brian [SMTP:brian.basura-at-unistudios-dot-com]
Sent:  Wednesday, April 15, 1998 11:38 AM
To:  'Tesla List'
Subject:  Coil Form Sealing?

Hello Fellow Coilers,

I now have my 6" PVC coil-form.  I've sanded it inside and out and it's now
drying under a heat lamp.  My question is what to use to seal it with
(before and after winding).  I have oil based polyurethane and spar varnish.
I'm leaning towards the polyurethane since a test shows it is thicker and
adheres better to the 200 oC magnet wire.  Although the spar varnish has
proven to be very durable on previous projects.  What are your suggestions?

Almost forgot to say that I will keep the secondary turning on the winding
jig while the sealer dries.

Thanks,
Brian B.