[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

rf chokes

----------
From:  yubba [SMTP:yubba-at-clara-dot-net]
Sent:  Monday, April 20, 1998 6:53 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  rf chokes

hi all
Thanks for the feedback on  the dangers of running without the secondary . I'm
glad I asked first!! . I now have another question  this time about chokes. I
went to the local emporium today and picked up lots of " interesting " items
including 4 ferrite cores. They are 2" x 21/2" and about 1/2" thick with a 1"
x11/2" window.  They have a 1/8" gap on one side and are made from 2 c shaped
pieces epoxyed together.  I have on clues to the composition of the ferrite
material.  Wouldthey be any good as rf filter chokes?.  As i have 4 of them I
could glue 2 of them together if needed.  If they are suitable could someone
tell me the wire gauge needed and number of turns, or even hit me with the maths
needed to work it out myself. Many thanks.

bob golding  lighning without rain

bob yubba-at-clara-dot-net